JWT (UK) Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy and data are protected, any information sent to us through our website forms and via email is secure. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
When you either i) call our team, ii) send us an enquiry through our website contact forms or iii) send us a direct email, we may collect and retain the information you provide and some of your personal information in line with this policy. In collecting this information, we are acting as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data, and about the rights you have over your data.
Who are we
We are JWT (UK) Ltd. Our address is Unit 3, Parkway Business Park, Normanby Road, Scunthorpe, North Lincs, DN15 8XF. You can contact us by post, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +44 1724 280888.
We are not required to have a data protection officer, so any enquiries about our use of your personal data should be addressed to the contact details above.
What we collect
The data we may collect and retain is as follows:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Billing and Delivery Address
- IP address and Browser details
- other information you voluntarily provide relevant to your enquiry or request
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to JWT (UK) Ltd, Unit 3, Parkway Business Park, Normanby Road, Scunthorpe, North Lincs, DN15 8XF. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Why do we need the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- For our own internal records, depending on the initial reason for contact so we can potentially follow up or get back to you at a later date.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services, should you provide us with feedback or give us a request to update your website for you.
- With your consent, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information for our own market research purposes, when reviewing our enquiries to get a better understanding of where we are being found and what types of people from within businesses contact us. In some instances, we may contact you using one of the contact details you have provided.
Where your personal information is stored
Where there’s a legitimate interest or legal requirement to hold personal information, it may be stored within business software supplied by a variety of trusted providers.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can leave unselected to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
With your consent, we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Retention of personal information
Where there is a legitimate business interest or for legal reasons, we will retain your personal information for a maximum of 5 years after our last contact. At that point it will be deleted from all our internal and third party records.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Cookies and Tracking Technology
What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a small text file that’s stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
- Monitor your use on our website and gather analytics to help us improve your browsing experience
- Remember your preferences to personalise your visit
- Personalise our website and display information relevant to you
- Help us improve the usability of our website
Cookies we use
We use the following cookies within our website:
- Google Analytics
Your rights as a data subject
By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate. If we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or to fulfil a contract, you can ask us to give you a copy of the information in a machine-readable format so that you can transfer it to another provider.
If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or legitimate interest, you can request that your data be erased.
You have the right to ask us to stop using your information for a period of time if you believe we are not doing so lawfully.
Finally, in some circumstances you can ask us not to reach decisions affecting you using automated processing or profiling.
To submit a request regarding your personal data by email, post or telephone, please use the contact information provided above in the Who Are We section of this policy.
Your right to complain
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, we would prefer you to contact us directly in the first instance so that we can address your complaint. However, you can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or write to them.
JWT (UK) Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/05/2018.