American Champion, Randy Mamola enjoyed an extremely successful career lasting from 1979 through 1992, with Randy finishing second in the premiere 500cc World Championship on four different occasions). Randy competed in 151 races in 500cc racing, securing 13 wins, 57 podiums, five poles and 11 fastest laps, and his unique blend of bike control, racing style and showmanship saw him become a favorite rider with fans across the globe. Recognized as one of the sport’s most charismatic personalities, Randy continues to entertain fans on and off the track, piloting the Ducati two-seat MotoGP bike as well as spearheading the Two Wheels For Life charity. The Limited Edition ‘Randy Mamola’ Legends Series Supertech R is a fitting tribute to Randy’s skill and dedication to life on two wheels. Featuring all of the technical innovations of Alpinestars class-leading Supertech R boot, the red, black and white colorway allows fans to enjoy a distinctive, premium race boot fit for Champions.
Alpinestars most iconic road riding boot worn by a roster of the fastest world champions past and present, the Supertech R features performance innovations, including a redesigned compound rubber sole, an ergonomically profiled shin plate and a redesigned front flex area – all of which enhance the podium winning performance of this premium race boot.
- Flexible accordion microfiber stretch at Achilles allows natural movement.
- Innovative, full length medial-facing microfiber panel features new texture pattern offering excellent grip and feel against the bike and protects from abrasion and heat.
- Flexible, lightweight toe shifter allows feel for changing gears.
- Separate internal bio-mechanical ankle brace works with the outer structure of the boot to form a protective system allowing full and free movement of the foot, ankle, and leg.
- External entry has stretch accordion panel for a close fit and ease of entrance and removal.
- New, soft TPU stretch panel on the lateral side gives easy closure with an excellent fit.
- Zip is made from TPU to reduce friction in the event of a crash.
- Velcro tab locks the zip pull closed, keeping it flat and secure.
- Shin plate features new micro-adjustable ratchet top closure for safe and precise fit.